Family Files Lawsuit Against Nursing Home For Death Of Patient
The family of a nursing home patient has filed a lawsuit after the patient died due to overheating. The patient overheated after a hurricane when there was no air conditioning due to a power outage. The nursing home facility failed to provide generators to maintain appropriate temperatures at the facility.
The family checked to make sure the nursing home facility could maintain a safe environment when the hurricane was predicted. However, the facility told the family the nursing home was ready and equipped to maintain care amid the hurricane, despite the fact that the administrator turned down the opportunity to acquire generators before the hurricane arrived and the power went out. For more, read the story.
Posted on Tue, October 2, 2018
by Robert Carter filed under