Nursing Home Fined $10,000 In Patient Death Incident
A nursing home has been fined for neglect of a patient that led to his death. The patient was allowed to choke and die after necessary procedures were not followed. The patient's food was not cut in pieces for him since he was known for choking. He choked on a large piece of Polish sausage.
In addition, the nursing staff did not immediately offer the Heimlich maneuver. Instead, the patient was wheeled down the hall to a nurse at the nursing station who then did the Heimlich. Unfortunately, the patient did not survive. For more, read the story.
Posted on Wed, August 15, 2018
by Robert Carter filed under