Nursing Home Medication Errors Lead To Patient Deaths
A nursing home has been cited for a second medication error leading to the death of a patient. The nursing home first had a medication error with a patient that was administered ten times the dosage of morphine that was prescribed by the treating physician. The patient died from the overdose.
The second patient received blood thinners without being prescribed them. They were administered to the wrong patient, and as a result, the patient received blood clots in the brain and died. The department of health investigated and caught the medical transcription error from one patient's chart to another. For more, read the story.
Posted on Wed, May 18, 2016
by Melissa Small filed under