Nursing Home Patient Chokes, Dies
Family members of a deceased nursing home patient have filed a lawsuit citing the nursing home's responsibility in the death of their loved one. The 89-year-old blind patient was allowed to choke on a peppermint. The patient was at-risk for choking. The family states that the patient should have had better supervision and an updated care plan.
According to the lawsuit, the nursing home "failed to supervise [the patient] while she was eating to observe, identify and prevent choking incidents," "failed to oversee the comprehensive assessment of [the patient's] needs" and "failed to develop an up-to-date resident care plan" for her, the suit claims. For more, read the story.
Posted on Tue, April 4, 2017
by Melissa Small filed under