Nursing Home Patient Dies From Feeding Tube Incident
A nursing home patient died after receiving too much food in a feeding tube. The patient choked and died after being fed through a tube in 30 minutes instead of over the course of an hour. The state health department came to the facility for an inspection to investigate the incident.
The nurse on duty was accused of failing to monitor the patient while he was being fed. The patient was in a vegetative state after being hit by a car. Employees were educated on a corrective plan for tube feedings and emergency protocol. For more, read the story.
Posted on Thu, September 21, 2017
by Robert Carter filed under