Nursing Home Patient Dies Of Neglect, Hyperthermia
A facility has been highlighted for allowing a patient to die after overheating. The patient was admitted after suffering a stroke. During his admission, the facility experienced excessive temperatures. Staff was aware of the temperatures, but failed to regulate them to a safe level for patients to endure.
As a result, one of the patient's body temperature soared to 108 degrees. The patient died from hyperthermia, while seven others were injured. “What we found was a horror story. He literally overheated and died as a result of extremely high temperatures in the facility …. This nursing home has a very bad record," said the attorney on the patient's case. The facility has a one-star rating due to staffing issues and poor quality care. For more, read the story.
Posted on Wed, December 19, 2018
by Robert Carter filed under