Patient Chokes And Dies While Eating Unsupervised
The family of a nursing home patient is suing the nursing home. The family member choked eating without supervision and died. The family believes the death was negligent and could have been prevented if the nursing home had cared properly for their father.
Choking can occur with elderly as throat muscles weaken with age. Patients often need assistance with cutting food to consume smaller pieces. The nursing home failed to provide proper care in this situation. For more, read the story.
Posted on Tue, December 22, 2015
by Melissa Small filed under